Rock-a-bye-baby

I'm dealing with a dilemma. Since Leighton was born, I've rocked her to sleep. It's our thing. Now that Ashlyn is approaching, I fear that we'll still be in this situation and I'll struggle to rock them both to sleep.

So what do I do? Thanks to a horrible commute and being a working mom, I literally can count the hours in a day I get to spend with my daughter on one hand and one of those hours is rocking her to sleep. Do I want to lose that by sticking her in her crib and leaving her to fall asleep on her own? Selfishly, no.

On the other hand, I know it will be good for her to be able to self soothe when Ashlyn is here too. So now I'm torn. I don't want either of my girls to suffer because of my inability to time manage or because the other gets more of mommy.

I can't do the cry it out thing. Just not in me. So I've been trying the- stand close to the crib and stare at each other- option which is odd for both of us. I'd prefer to pick her up and she the same. So now we're back to square one.

It's exceptionally hard when I'm working a lot or long hours because then she's even more needy. It's getting better as she gets older though.

Any advice on how you learned to sleep train? What worked for you?

Until next time...
Shona

Comments

Popular Posts