Where I work.

I don't really talk much about my place of work besides the occasional mention here and there. Like when I was able to take the day off for World Down Syndrome Day, or my gripe about having to work and wanting to be with LB.

Truth is, I'm a VERY blessed gal. While I might have the occasional moan and grown about working in general, I really work for an amazing organization.

So amazing that we just won Best Place To Work in Chicago for the 2nd year in a row! It's never been done in the history of the award.

Soooo many people have asked me what I do. What I realllllly do. Ha! It's not an easy job to describe. Especially if you aren't familiar with advertising or the Internet. Not to mention, I'm approaching my 8th year with Centro, so my position has changed several times.

The easy way to explain it, we (Centro), put ads on the websites you look at. We work with agencies and clients (people like Mission Foods, Target) to do things they don't have the manpower todo themselves.

Now I, personally, don't do that part anymore. I did my time. Now, I am tasked with developing a training and development department to get our workforce up to speed on ways to do their job better.

So what makes it such a great place to work you ask? Where do I start? First, for me, its our benefits. We have a fantastic benefit package. It really does well in our situation and all of Leightons medical needs as of late. It's a really relaxed environment. There's no timeclock or shaking finger if your a few minutes late or heading out a bit early to make a train. I wear jeans and flip flops daily- minus winter months of course. The money, stocks and constant evolution of learning aren't bad either.

The biggest perk of all is the people. I work with some very smart, driven and great people. I am really blessed to enjoy their company on most of the days.

I say most because lets be realistic here, everyone has bad days. Sure, there are politics and drama in the office, but that's anywhere. There are days I don't want to work, but thats any job. I can honestly say, when I'm not there, miss it. I know, call me crazy. But I've worked my whole life to get to where I am. I love what I do. I have a job so many dream of. I have a job I once dreamed of.

I read Leighton a bible story a month or so ago and it said, be thankful for what you have. It's top of mind on those not so fun days.

We won best place to work in Chicago again this year. 2nd year in a row!!! That's NEVER been done. Check out our video...

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120331/ISSUE02/303319996?template=mobile

You'll see why I'm proud to be a Centron!

Until next time...
Shona

Comments

Popular Posts