Bolden Recap:: Weekend Edition :: Part 5?

We've had a very interesting couple of weeks. First and foremost, Leightons tests have all been negative so far. They can't quite figure out what's going on with her liver. She's been inconsistent on the number 2's lately, so they are still trying to figure it all out.

After our last GI visit, he told us he thinks it could be viral. The next set of tests, which we took yesterday, will come back next week   came back on Sat. and they were all negative with numbers at no change. Now they will tell us if we need to take the testing to the next level. We find out more from the GI doc. That would mean a biopsy on her liver. My prayers are that this isn't needed. If her levels of her enzyme functions are stable, they won't need to. They also did a blood count again. Which is testing for anemia and leukemia. As I said before, no need to get anxious or upset about it, it's just a precaution and we are blessed they are taking such strides to understand it.

Then we see the GI doc on Thursday and her pediatrician following for her six month vaccines. Ages such a trooper though! She got 2 shots yesterday and then bloodwork, of which she didn't shed a tear. Mommys doing better with it too.

If there's a silver lining, we have the undivided attention of her doctors. Which I appreciate. I have even started to like some of them. In true Shona fashion, I had a distaste, now I see what they need help with. I'm just going to have to educate anyone in contact with her. Use people first language or you will be schooled. Doctor or not.

Until next time...
Shona

Comments

  1. I've been following your blog for a month or so now... my son was born in November with Ds and found you while looking for more info & others' experiences on dealing with Ds. Since Ryder (my son) is about 2 months younger than Leighton, I thought it would be great to keep up with someone close to his age that might have similar experiences.
    I'm sorry you have to go through all the doctor appts and such, but glad that they are trying to figure out what may be wrong with your little one before something major happens. We may have a lifetime of doctor appointments ahead of us, but getting a good team together now will only help us as our kids get older. Things will work out.
    Anyway, if you are interested, I've started a picture blog of my son at http://yearofphotos-ryder.blogspot.com. It's always nice to have another contact (friend) to talk to and compare how things are going. At least you can know that you have one additional person rooting for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy week. I hated weeks like that where you just felt you lived at the Doctors office! Once our kids get older all that stuff slows down though, so hang in there...Hope all her tests come back ok and you don't have to do the biopsy. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!! Chriss, thanks for following! I look forward to learning about your family too. it's great to have so many allies in this fight against the world to become more aware of our golden lil nuggets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.... I would love to hear from you.

Popular Posts